From: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io> on behalf of Chris Tardif <christardif@...>
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 12:55:51 PM
To: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ESPMC-Eight] IEXOS-100 with prototype polar scope unguided images

There is a lot you can do with just lenses.  I started with lenses and I am still a big fan.  Lenses have the distinct advantage is that you can use them for daytime photography.  .

Last night I tried my 10-22 f4...clouds ambushed me so I don’t think I got any good data...

I bought the 400mm used and paid about $1000 CDN.  The 70-200 is less.  The shorter the focal lengths are a lot easier to set up and learn because you need to worry less about guiding and polar alignment and star alignment.

The left is the North America Nebula with a Canon f5.6 400mm prime and the right is a Canon 70-200 f5.6 set to 100mm.  When I get around to it I will try it at 70.

At this length and with that mount you have to auto-guide.

This is my pinwheel galaxy with the same 400mm lens.

Yeah

Sent from Mail for Windows 10