Re: #iexos-100 Polemaster, Field Flattener, guiding questions? #iEXOS-100

Sean

I am going to skip the Polemaster, with the thought to using the guidescope & Sharpcap to align. I will also be getting the ASIAIR, but the intention of that use is farther away. So far now it would just be scope + guide + DSLR. I would prefer to start with the iExos-100 (cost reasons), and if I really enjoy this to move up eventually to a larger mount after I get a chance to learn a few things.

My question is, with the iExos-100 with 7.6lb equipment weight, using an ED80 triplet (480fl + 280 guidescope fl), can I expect decent results shooting Andromeda? What should my realistic expectations be? I have seen some using much larger scopes like ED102s (forgot where I saw this).

I was just about to start ordering this morning, but holding off to consider my options and hear opinions. I am just afraid of ending up with a bunch of blurred elongated stars like I got with my 127EQ on my wobbly deck :) (could not do exposure over 5 seconds).

p.s. I was intending to purchase the ES field flattener & Tring to give me 55mm backfocus. Any comments on an alternative field flattener AND focal reducer that would work good with ED80 & Nikon 5300?
--
Mounts: Yet to decide
Scopes: Soon to buy ED80