Re: #iexos-100 Polemaster, Field Flattener, guiding questions? #iEXOS-100

Sean,

I can't speak to the iExos-100, and the payload you propose, as I don't have one. There are certainly examples here, of that mount performing much better than you'd expect for its size - but just a couple of days ago, Jerry did a cautionary post about keeping the FL down to 400mm and under.

I have an EXOS2/PMC8, the next size up, and the first mount you mentioned in this thread.  It carries my ~13lbs of 102/621mm refactor, guidescope, and D5300, and produces round stars (guided) on any reasonable length of exposure (and has done so on some unreasonably-long test exposures as well).  As always, "conditions permitting", and on concrete - not a wobbly deck :-)

Did it do that well out-of-the-box?  No, it needed a bit of work - but the hard part was figuring out what needed to be done, and once that was understood, making the necessary adjustments and minor mods was easy.  And that's been documented, for anybody here who wants to know.

+1 for Sharpcap.

FWIW...

- Bob

--