sticky Re: Astrophotography Done with the iEXOS-100, EXOS 2, and G11 Post your Pictures and Details! Lets Show What These Mounts Can Do. #iEXOS-100 #G11 #EXOS2 #astrophotography

Jordan Lowry <jalowry0328@...>

Wes,

I haven’t really tried the QHY with my main scope, the only time i did I had trouble finding focus. Since I use a DSLR as my main cam I can’t use that with sharpcap. I’ve gotten the settings in SharpCap dialed in enough to where i can polar align in about 20 minutes, going through the routine twice. I use 5.6 - 6 second exposures at about 88 gain and it seems to work good enough, it only uses around 7 stars typically. I found it’s crucial to use dark frames or else it picks up too much noise.

Jordan

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 12:24 PM Wes Mcdonald <wesmcd6@...> wrote:
Jordan

I just ran across this thread again and noticed you are using sharpcap on our guide camera.  Can you use it with your main scope and camera?

Wes.

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG

Mount: Explore Scientific iEXOS 100 PMC-Eight
Main Scope: Orion ST80
Imaging Camera: Canon 1000D Modified
Guide Scope: MEOPTEX 50mm guide scope
Guide Camera: QHY5R-II-C Guide Camera