Re: Cannot get autoguding to work at all #iEXOS-100 #TECHNICAL

Rick Walker

I’ll give it a try...

1) go through alignment
2) select object in catalog
3) Pick slew to object
4) on homepage object is displayed on left side
5) select goto button
6) mount slews
7) center object with arrows
8) mount stops tracking
9) go to catalog
10) pick object again
11) pick home button top left corner
12) on home page the object of choice is no longer displayed
13) mount tracks

Hope that splains it better

On Jul 22, 2019, at 11:15 AM, Wes Mcdonald <wesmcd6@...> wrote:

Rick -- you said:

I had to go back to the object catalog and the in place is “slew to object “ I hit the home button and it started tracking.

Can you try that again with a bit more detail please?  I don't quite follow.

Wes.

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 12:12 PM Rick Walker <rixworx@...> wrote:
I am no Imager at all but saw similar no movement on my EXOS2

“I could hear the gears move in north/south (and see the stars move in the FOV), but east/west pulses did nothing. In all cases the guide camera's light showed that it had received the pulses.”

After I had to center an object after a goto slew I had no E/W tracking. I had to go back to the object catalog and the in place is “slew to object “ I hit the home button and it started tracking.

I have no idea if this helps but it did address my problem.

Rick

> On Jul 21, 2019, at 6:18 PM, Giu989 via Groups.Io <giulio=crisanti.org@groups.io> wrote:
>
> I could hear the gears move in north/south (and see the stars move in the FOV), but east/west pulses did nothing. In all cases the guide camera's light showed that it had received the pulses.

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG