Cannot get autoguding to work at all #iEXOS-100 #TECHNICAL

Rick Walker

Wes,

Yes correct. This is on iOS. As far as RA/DEC I didn’t think to look at it. 

I did read in some other post when I was searching from Jerry Hubbell that said after manually slewing after a goto one of the directions (DEC I think) stops, not sure what version. 

In the past on either the PC or Android Jerry had instructed me after the manual slew to center to enter OTA position into the submit RA/DEC on the coordinates page. But when I did this on the iOS version the OTA just slew back to the original targets RA/DEC moving it off center. 

Begin forwarded message:

Date: July 22, 2019 at 8:00:03 PM CDT
To: MAIN@espmc-eight.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ESPMC-Eight] Cannot get autoguding to work at all #iexos-100 #TECHNICAL
Reply-To: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io

Rick

Wow.  Interesting.  So to make sure I understand.....

You select an object and go-to it the scope goes to and is tracking along.  Then you center the object the mount stops tracking.  By this you mean the object just begins to move away from the center.  Do you know what the Ra/Dec display does when this is going on?  Does it always happen?  What app version u using (Android, Windows, iOS).

Then you go back to the catalog and select the object again.  Don't press slew to or anything, just press the home icon to return to the main screen and bingo the mount is tracking again.

Is that correct?

Wow

Wes

--
Wes, Southport NC
PMC-8, ES ED 127, 10" LX200GPS, Astro-Tech 8" Newt, ETX-90
Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired

Join MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.