FIRMWARE UPDATE ISSUE IDENTIFIED WITH ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE #ExploreScientific #iexos-100 #G11 #EXOS2 #TECHNICAL

AN ISSUE HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED THAT MAY OCCUR WHEN UPDATING THE FIRMWARE ON THE PMC-EIGHT SYSTEM

We have seen a couple of times in our testing when using a Windows 10 Machine to update the firmware via the PMC-Eight Configuration Manager that the update will bomb out in the middle of the VERIFYIING RAM portion of the update. This appears to be a rare and isolated event.

The process is as follows when the PMC-Eight Configuration Manager is doing the firmware update:

1)   CHECKING COMX
2)   Propeller Chip Version 1 Found on COMX
4)   VERIFYING RAM
6)   VERIFYING EEPROM
7)   SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION

We found out today that the problem is caused by the ANTI-VIRUS Software installed on the Windows 10 machine. For some reason it interrupts the communication during this portion of the process.

THIS INTERRUPTION OF THE FIRMWARE LOADING PROCESS DOES NOT LEAVE YOUR SYSTEM UNUSABLE, OR "BRICK" THE SYSTEM.

We found that by disabling the anti-virus software the process was then able to successfully complete the firmware update.
This seems to be a pretty rare occurrence but you may see it on your system.

We request that you please let us know if you see this issue on your machine and report what anti-virus software you are using.

Thank You for your continued support of the PMC-Eight System.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data