Re: FIRMWARE UPDATE ISSUE IDENTIFIED WITH ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE #ExploreScientific #iEXOS-100 #G11 #EXOS2 #TECHNICAL

Stephen Vickers - Explore Scientific Software Developer

Just because an anti-virus program says there is a virus there, doesn’t always mean there is, it means that in that program there is a module with the same name of a virus it has found before. win32.generic is a pretty…wait for it…generic name. This is what Kaspersky say to do about a Trojan.win32.generic file. https://support.kaspersky.com/us/9742

Thanks,
Stephen Vickers

Explore Scientific

o. 866.252.3811
m. 870.654.6995
stephen.vickers@...

On Aug 7, 2019, at 10:25 AM, sol via Groups.Io <sol@...> wrote:

My antivirus program Kasperski from www.kaspersky.dk finds a
HEUR: Trojan win32.generic
in the configuration maneger program.
I have
paid for the antivirus program.
I used the
configuration maneger to change the communication from WiFi to serial/USB

When I then deleted the program from my Windows 10 PC afterwards (following the antivirus program recommendation), I was in a very bad situation, because there was no way to get in contact with IEXOS100.

I informed Wes McDonald about this in a private communication 2019-07-30 21:08
He was very
helpful. The only way out was to reinstall the virus-infected program, and then change the communication from serial to WiFI.

Allow me to inform you, that I find it
low standards from the company Explore Scientific to distribute programs with Trojan virus.

Yours
Søren Toft
Denmark