Re: New Gamepad Controller Needed/Wanted ??

Darryl Ellis

Chris,

Let me expound further on the second joystick issue.

I use it to control my focus controller, or at least I want to.  So far, I am only able to use the second joystick to cycle through the preset speeds with an up and down motion.  I want to be able to control the in and out direction with a left/right motion.  It just would seem more natural.  I have not been able to get the joystick to calibrate in the left/right direction but only up and down.

I have a newer model game controller which is supposed to be directly compatible with Windows 10 PCs via bluetooth.  However, I had this same issue with an older model that required a usb dongle and worked via wifi.  

Otherwise, I believe ASCOMPAD works pretty well.  I do wish it would work continuously and consistently in the background.  Also, if I'm not careful, I can end up opening more than one instance of the program because I don't see it.  Finally, I have to close it using Task Manager because it does not seem to have a closure function, at least not one that I am aware of.

Thanks again for considering doing this.

Darryl
--

DHEllis59, Dover, DE
Astro Tech RC 6 w Pegasus Focus Cube,
Orion Starshoot II Pro Imager,
QHY 5 II Guide Camera and 30mm Guidescope,
Explorer Scientific EXOS GT 2 With PMC Eight Controller,
Orion XT8 with Nexus II DSC via Sky Safari Pro,
Celestron Luminous 31mm, Meade MWA 10mm, and 5mm EPs
Celestron Skymaster 15x70 binoculars,
20/20 or better vision in both eyes due to recent cataract surgery!!!
"The LORD by wisdom founded the earth, By understanding He established the heavens" - Proverbs 3:19

Join MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.