Re: Smartphone Compatibility with PMC8

Darryl Ellis

Thanks Wes, but your solution requires I use a tablet in addition to my smartphone.

I'm trying to bypass having to use a tablet altogether and just want to use an app on my smartphone and it's Bluetooth it even WiFi hotspot capability to control my mount.

I currently use my phone with a Nexus dsc device to push to my son.  I would like to control my pmc8 mount the same way.

I applaud you on your workaround skills though.

Darryl

DHEllis59, Dover, DE
Astro Tech RC 6 w Pegasus Focus Cube,
Orion Starshoot II Pro Imager,
QHY 5 II Guide Camera and 30mm Guidescope,
Explorer Scientific EXOS GT 2 With PMC Eight Controller,
Orion XT8 with Nexus II DSC via Sky Safari Pro,
Celestron Luminous 31mm, Meade MWA 10mm, and 5mm EPs
Celestron Skymaster 15x70 binoculars,
20/20 or better vision in both eyes due to recent cataract surgery!!!
"The LORD by wisdom founded the earth, By understanding He established the heavens" - Proverbs 3:19