Re: First Image with the new mount! #iEXOS-100

Joe Izen

Julian,
I’m new to the DSO world. I’ve mostly done planetary imaging. I understand that the length of time one chooses is based on the stability of the mount and the reliability of tracking. What ISO were you you using, and more importantly, hoe you decided what to use. Did you make use of histograms? If so, is the goal to prevent stars from saturating, or does one boost the iso and saturate stars in order to get the DSO recording at some set fraction of scale? I suspect every object is a bit different, but what are the rules of thumb?
Thanks,
Joe