Re: ASCOM Serial Connection Errors #ASCOM

Dan Kahraman

The 112,500 baud rate is still greyed out in the PMC8 utility for the EXOS2 mount selection. I am going to reboot the computer to see if the changes have taken effect.

If not I will try another DB9 to USB cable.

Dan Kahraman

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 at 09:29, Dan Kahraman via Groups.Io <dkahra213=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I am getting the same message. When I did an ASCOM diagnostics I get the error message access to COM port 3 is denied. Doesn't say why. But now I know why there is no connection. I don't understand why the commands sent via the serial port are being received.

I notice the baud rate is greyed out. I think going into properties of the device and setting the baud rate to the right amount (112,500) may resolve that problem.

Dan Kahraman