Re: ASCOM Serial Connection Errors #ASCOM

Dan Kahraman

Hi Jerry:

You have thrown a few question that I can answer and one that I can't:

For the ones I cannot answer:
COM3 shows up immediately under COM Port but I also get the error message "Mount does not appear to be connected"

The DB9 to USB cable is FTDI enabled, written on the plug. I installed the drivers..so ??

Dan Kahraman

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 at 09:33, Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering <jrh@...> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 09:29 AM, Dan Kahraman wrote:
I am getting the same message. When I did an ASCOM diagnostics I get the error message access to COM port 3 is denied. Doesn't say why. But now I know why there is no connection. I don't understand why the commands sent via the serial port are being received.

I notice the baud rate is greyed out. I think going into properties of the device and setting the baud rate to the right amount (112,500) may resolve that problem.

Dan Kahraman
Hi Dan,

When you open up the Device Manager, do you see Com Port 3? If you do see the com port, there is no need to set the baud rate in the USB com port settings as the program sets the baud rate correctly. Also how do you know the commands sent to the serial port are being received? Are you using a DB9 Serial to USB adapter that uses an FTDI chip set?

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data