The device manager needs the laptop to be connected to the PMC 8 wifi initially. It just seems to work that way.
1. Plug everything up
2. Clean boot PMC8
3,. Connect laptop to PMC wifi
4. Boot configuration Manager
5. Set exos2 or whatever in basics tab
6. Refresh comm port via refresh button
7. Select comm port in drop box
8. Press top right do it button to find current connection....probably TCP
9. Press change to serial button.
Do what you wanted to do.
Wes, Southport NC
PMC-8, ES ED 127, 10" LX200GPS, Astro-Tech 8" Newt, ETX-90
Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired