Re: iEXOS 100 Azimuth Adjuster Adapter - Is a Weight Capacity Increase Possible? #ExploreScientific #iEXOS-100

James Ball

While I don't do deep space photography I can say the mount as is can do planetary using a Skywatcher 150MCT with Williams Optics 1.25" diagonal and ASI120MC-s camera, legs at lowest setting obviously.

I am working on a pier and I believe with that it would handle the weight even better.  I have some photos of that with the ETX90,

I couldn't find a hole saw to exactly match the diameter of the mount post so I attached the plate from the tripod to keep the mount centered.  In the first photo you can see the second weight plus the extra plate I picked up to help balance the heavier 150mm scope, it also requires that I extend the weight bar about 5" using a threaded bolt screwed into the end of the bar.  With two more normal weights I could balance the larger scope with normal weight bar.  This is still just a prototype, to prove it will work.  The post comes through a hole in the deck which has a moveable box around it that can be pulled up to decouple the post from the deck when using the scope and lowered to keep the post from warping by holding it tight to the deck.  The deck rail is going up soon, have to be careful not to walk off the deck as it is about five feet off the ground. I need to get a photo of the larger scope on it soon, but it can definitely handle the weight, about 20 pounds total with the counter weights right now.
--
James Ball
Dawson Springs, Ky