Re: ST2 and ST3 Tripods Now Available for iEXOS 100 users #ExploreScientific #iEXOS-100

I understand the questions about the pricing, but I have thought about what you can probably reasonably expect in terms of equipment capacity and price and I really don't think it is out of line with what you should expect to pay. I have created a table of configurations and a chart of price per capacity based on different configurations.

DISCLAIMER: This is only my initial thinking based on the capacity testing we have done on the iEXOS 100 PMC-Eight mount and also customer experiences as reported here on the forum.
These numbers are preliminary and could significantly change in the future.

As you can see, The price point for each configuration and weight capacity increases linearly once you are past the entry level mount system as shipped today. Note, the highest price point is for the EXOS 2 configuration. There are significant improvements in the iEXOS line of mounts versus the original EXOS mounts which are significant benefits including 1) built in USB, 2) internal PMC-Eight controller, 3) internal cable for RA axis, 4) Same motor drive system as in EXOS 2 mount providing extra margin in terms of torque and in handling the higher loads. Finally 5) Being able to use the iEXOS 100 PMC-Eight in its most lightweight mode with the ST1 tripod provides an excellent "Grab and Go" mount system. This is an increasing requirement for a lot of our customers.

Also, even though the EXOS 2 mount comes with a polar scope to do polar alignments, most astrophotographers prefer not to use that and end up purchasing or using their camera systems to perform a polar alignment.

PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE AND COMMENTS ON THIS.
Again, this is a preliminary look at projected weight capacity for the iEXOS 100.

Thanks!

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data