Re: How To Do an ExploreStars Assisted "Physical Polar Alignment" As Long As You Can See Polaris #TECHNICAL #astrophotography

jrichard333 <jrichard333@hotmail.com>

Thank you Wes,

I am using an iEXOS-100.  I loosen the knob underneath and rotate the mount and use the latitude adjustment for Mirach.  I cannot see Polaris, so when I slew from Mirach, it is going to an imaginary Polaris.  I then park the mount and then I slew to Mirach.  When Mirach is centered, I call it a day and proceed to imaging.  So far, this works for my Goto functionality.

Around 1:30AM CST, I will start setting up and see if I can image M33 and M42,   M45 if I have time; I will try a Focal length of  600mm on M45.

The only problem using a DSLR with long exposure/ ISO reduction is it  doubles the time required for one image.

JR

From: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io [mailto:MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io] On Behalf Of Wes Mcdonald
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2019 8:32 PM
To: MAIN@espmc-eight.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ESPMC-Eight] How To Do an ExploreStars Assisted "Physical Polar Alignment" As Long As You Can See Polaris #astrophotography #TECHNICAL

JR

To be clear...you repeatedly pointed toward Polaris and tweeked your az alt bolts then skewed to Mirach where you centered with the keypad and sync’ed.  Right?

That’s amazing 

Imaging coming along nice!

Wes

--
Wes, Southport NC
PMC-8, ES ED 127, 10" LX200GPS, Astro-Tech 8" Newt, ETX-90
Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired

Join MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.