Re: iExos mounted to 3rd party tripod #iEXOS-100

James Ball

--
My prototype pier, the mounting plate is simply a treated 2x6 with a hole cut through it slightly larger than the mount bottom, I have the plastic ring from the factory tripod screwed to the plate to keep the mount centered, a long bolt and washer holds it down.  Trying to decide if I will go with longer 4x4 mounted in concrete or a steel pipe for the final pier.  It would need to be about a 10' pipe or post to be tall enough.

James Ball
Dawson Springs, Ky
Mounts: iEXOS-100
Scopes: Meade ETX90RA(deforked now) Sky Watcher 150MCT
Camera: ZWO ASI 120MC-S
Software: Explore Stars Android, ASCOM, Stellarium Scope, Stellarium, AS!3, SharpCap, RegiStax6.