My imaging train hits my tripod #astrophotography

Jay Sanchez

Edited

Last night's blunder ... I forgot to stop tracking when I started taking my darks :(
Then found out that the body of my dSLR was hitting the bowl base of my tripod mount when I went to check early this morning while tracking Andromeda. (attached pic showing rig a few hours before the obstruction, X marks the spot)

Dangit! I'm too embarrassed to post this question on social media astro groups.

What does everyone do to prevent this from happening?
Are there slew limits that can be programmed for the RA and Dec axis?
Is there a type of clock or timer that can turn off tracking at a certain time?

I think if I add the azimuth adjuster that will raise the base of the mount higher and away from the hinge of the tripod leg and prevent the collision.

(I was using APT and CDC with iEXOS-100 and Canon t3i)

Thankfully/hopefully I didn't do any damage -- I unlocked the clutches and manually moved to home position and slewing at various rates was functioning normally (via ascompad).

Thanks for the advice and patience!