Recent image with G-11 PMC-8 & ES 127 FCD-100 #G11 #astrophotography

Jennifer Shelly

Edited

Hello Fellow PMC-8ers:

I don't normally share my images with the group and this image in particular has some flaws related to the Hex Focuser sagging and spacing between my QHY 168C and ES 0.70x FF/FR.  The use of the hex focuser was temporary while my MoonLite CFL focuser was getting upgraded.  Additionally I am having a hard time finding the correct spacing for the FF/FR as my search results have yielded anywhere between 55 mm to 65 mm.  If anyone could let me know what the correct spacing between my ES 127 FCD-100 it would make my day.

With all that said I am sharing an image of the Horsehead and Flame Nebulas I captured last weekend.  I am satisfied with my results, but I know I can do better.  If you have comments/suggestions please be constructive.

--
Sincerely,

Jennifer Shelly
AstroPorch, VA

Mounts
: ES PMC-8 G-11, ES PMC-8 EXOS-2
Scopes: ES ED127 FCD-100, ES Levy Comet Hunter, ES N208CF, Meade APO 70 MM Astrograph, QHY Mini Guide Scope
Cameras: QHY168C, ZWO ASI183MC-P, ZWO ASI183MM, Nikon D5600
Misc: MoonLite CFL 2.5 / High Res Stepper / V2 Mini Controller, Baader SteelTrack NT / SteelDrive II, Baader UFC, Optolong 2" L-Pro / L-eNhance
Imaging Software:  APT, BYN, SharpCap Pro, ASICap