Re: External Power #starparty #EXOS2 #TECHNICAL

I ended up with a Power Tank Pro - a LiFePo4.  It was expensive, but the discharge voltage is much flatter over time than Li-ion, and for my setup I haven't found the endurance limit yet.  All I know is that for the ambient temps I have used it at so far, the limit is TBD, and somewhere beyond 6hr.  And if I wanted to travel with it, it's FAA-approved for carry-on.

But I think this only works because my power needs are modest.  If you were to throw, say, a cooled camera into the mix rather than a DSLR, that would be a whole different problem - and the answer would probably be lead.

- Bob

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 EXOS2
Scopes: SV 102EDT, ZWO 60/280 Guide