Re: Simple fix to stop PMC-Eight metal bracket from sliding on tripod leg

Cybermonk

Same here. It is SUCH an improvement. You won't be disappointed.

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 10:11 PM Jay Stanley <jaystanley@...> wrote:
Dr. Benway on Cloudynights makes a printed clamp/adapter for the EXOSII, I don't see one currently advertised but I got one several months ago and it was inexpensive and works awesome.
CS,
Jay

On 11/21/2019 9:03:32 PM, Vince White <vnwhite@...> wrote:

I've generally been frustrated with the small metal PMC-Eight bracket, which is secured to the tripod leg by a velcro strap and will slowly slide down until hitting something.  In the past, I would just set the velcro above the tripod spreader, however, that places the PMC-Eight a touch high and can cause interference with my telescope during median flips.

Anyway, as an experiment, I tried applying a thin layer of kitchen silicone to the inside of the velcro strap.  After letting it dry, I found that it does an excellent job of sticking to the stainless tripod leg and preventing the velcro from sliding down the leg or even moving much at all!  This was an easy fix with some silicone that I already had laying around.  Now I have one less thing to fiddle with when setting up my astrophotography gear.

-Vince
--

Mount: ES PMC-8 EXOS2-GT
Scopes: BRESSER 208mm f/3.9 Newt + ES HR Coma Corrector, Celestron C90 Mak, generic 50/191mm guide scope