Re: ...just a small rant.... I promise.

Jim McKee

Instead of RDP, have you tried ULTRA VNC for windows?  It seems less temperamental and you can control remote and host computer simultaneously.   I can also remote straight from MAC computer    Includes server and client app

On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 10:14 AM, Chris Tardif wrote:

Wired serial.

Everything plugs into a powered usb hub velcro'd to the side of the mount.  Cameras, mount and USB dew heaters.  The pc connects to the home network wirelessly and I just RDP into it from my comfy office.  APT connects to stellarium so that works out pretty well.  I even have APT drop the pictures into a Onedrive folder on the control PC which then find their way to my office PC without me having to do anything.   I'm inherently lazy so i like to have it set up to the point where I don't have to do much.

chris

--
Mounts: Explore Scientific IEXOS-100 w Celestron CG5 tripod, iOptron CEM 40
Scopes: Explore Scientific FCD-100 ED-102CF, Various Canon lenses, ZWO mini-guidescope, StarField 60mm guide-scope.

--
Scope:        Orion EON 115mm APO
Mounts