sticky Re: Astrophotography Done with the iEXOS-100, EXOS 2, and G11 Post your Pictures and Details! Lets Show What These Mounts Can Do. #iEXOS-100 #G11 #EXOS2 #astrophotography

Taro

Edited

Hello Harry

Nice to hear it from you.
Thank you.

I'm Japanese and living in Thailand for 20 years.
As you know here is very low latitude. only 11.56 north.
Polar star is too hard to see, also north region too.

Normally I use PS alignment tool on iPhone for polar alignment.
This is nice tool but not accurate.
So normally no guiding result is 15-20 sec.
But last night I found good field with dark sky and able to see north area.
I could get good polar alignment by iPolar.

Maybe iEXOS-100 can trace star more than 30sec. but my Sony A7S2 can shot max 30sec.
Next time I use remote shutter ans try to do more long no guide taking.

I know that using Auto guide is more easy way.
But I want to know iEXOS-100's real performance.
I believe This EQ mount has good performance.
I want to know how good performance this mount has.
So I start this own project.

This is one of Japanese SAMURAI words (mind).

"If you want to win, you should know all of your weapon."

By the way How about Florida weather now Harry?
Here is dry season now. Yes, our season has come.

Clear skies my mate.

- -
Living in  Pattaya Thailand
Scope: Celestron 6SE,WO Z61,WO RedCat51, SVBONY SV48
CCD: SONY Alfa7Sii,SONY QX1, PENTAX KP,ASI 178MC,ASI 120MC-S
          SAMSUNG SCB2000N
MOUNT: Celestron AVX,Celestorn SE+Wedge,iEXOS-100,SW Star Adventure
FILTER: HA,Oiii,OPTLONG L-PRO,OPTLONG L-eNhance, Etc
SubLens: 2" Flattener, 2" 2XBarlow, 2" F/0.5 Reducer, SCT F/0.63 Reducer
ETC: GPS,StarSence,iPolar