Re: Astrophotography done with the iEXOS-2GT. Post your picture #EXOS2 #astrophotography

Mark Pastor

Wow

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Sunday, December 22, 2019, Vince White <vnwhite@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]
[Reason: Updated to add imaging details]

I've been testing Astro Pixel Processor software with integrating multiple sessions, from multiple nights and with multiple cameras.  Here's another take on the Orion Nebula with about 2.5hrs of total exposure, taken with my Canon EOS RP and 5DmkII on multiple nights.  My EXOS2-GT is performing very well, however, I'm still stuck in Houston dealing with lots of light pollution - I'm hoping to get to a dark site after the holidays settle down.

Imaging details as follows, sessions 1, 2 and 3/4 were on three different nights with different levels of seeing and varying PA with my portable setup:
Session 1: Canon 5DmkII, 1.53"/pixel res, no filter,  25x120sec @ ISO250,  20x darks, 100x bias, 50x flats, total PHD RMS error ~0.9"
Session 2: Canon 5DmkII, 1.53"/pixel res, UHC filter, 15x120sec @ ISO1600, 10x darks, 10x bias,  10x flats, total PHD RMS error ~1.1"
Session 3: Canon EOS RP, 1.37"/pixel res, UHC filter, 30x60sec  @ ISO800,  15x darks, 15x bias,  15x flats, total PHD RMS error ~1.4"
Session 4: Canon EOS RP, 1.37"/pixel res, UHC filter, 20x120sec @ ISO800,  15x darks, 15x bias,  15x flats, total PHD RMS error ~1.4"

Regards,
Vince
--
Mount: ES PMC-8 EXOS2-GT
Scopes: BRESSER 208mm f/3.9 Newt + ES HR Coma Corrector, Celestron C90 Mak, generic 50/191mm guide scope