Re: #ASCOM #iexos-100 PHD2 Guiding Issues #iEXOS-100 #ASCOM

Jim McKee

I'll add my two cents.  Glad to hear you had such good guiding the second time around.

1) I have focus dialed in.  But I just made sure my gain for my ZWO Guide Camera was set in PHD2 camera settings not the slider.  The slider is more like gamma.  There is a setting in the brain part of PHD2 where I set the guide camera to Unity Gain.  It took stars from 30db SNR to 70db SNR with no saturation

2) I agree, I have managed to get both pretty close to the same target centerline between OTA and guidescope.

3) I am going back to look at best PHD2 target star calibration position.  If I remember correctly, it says that calibration should be done within 20 deg of the celestial equator, but that requires more research on my part.

4) I use Sharpcap to get PA.  I like the fact that Sharpcap gives a right/left/up.down metric.

5) I marked the RA axis with reflective tape pointers to define my physical  home position (just a little off of weight down position).   It made my EXOS2 perfect for GOTO’s.  Target is always in camera frame first time.

--
Scope:        Orion EON 115mm APO
Mounts