Re: New to Guiding

Jay Stanley

I'm guessing download the PMC Configuration Manager as well? Is it pretty intuitive?
Thanks again for all the help. I'll probably get the cable and start there with CdC and get that up and running first.
BTW anybody use the ASIAir Pro...all wireless and self contained?
CS,
Jay

PS...a bit cloudy, bad seeing and transparency tonite..not so good for the meteor shower.

On 1/2/2020 4:44:54 PM, Robert Hoskin <devonshire@...> wrote:

Jay,

When you download and install the ASCOM platform, POTH is part of the package.  It's a messaging hub/server, so devices connected with it can communicate with each other.

Powered hubs?  Lots of different opinions on good and bad.  I ended up with an Anker 7-port and I've been happy with mine.  Connects to my laptop with USB3, supports connected devices w/both 2 and 3, so one consideration is what your scope computer/laptop is happy supporting.

Yes, you can set up indoors.

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 EXOS2
Scopes: SV 102EDT, ZWO 60/280 Guide