Re: ExploreStars 2 or 3 Star Alignment. #iEXOS-100 #ExploreStars #alignment

Jeff Snell

Forgot to add I have the IPad mini explorestars app.  That’s why Kent suggested I go serial and use another program...

Jeff

On Jan 20, 2020, at 11:18 AM, Jeff Snell via Groups.Io <Jeffery.snell1@...> wrote:

Hi Derrill,
Unfortunately not.  I asked the same question about two weeks ago.  The database in the PMC 8 only has about 100 stars to chose from, some pretty obscure and low magnitude from my location in Ogden UT.  I just thumbed thru the index of alignment stars and found a few to choose that were adequate.  I was advised to go to a serial connection and get a different program.

Maybe someone in the string has better info.

Good luck.

Jeff

On Jan 20, 2020, at 6:06 AM, Derrell Oliver <mtbkr123@...> wrote:

Hey Guys,
Is there a way to select your own stars when doing alignments ?
Where I live trees block the view to the west and north west and the stars that come up on the app for me to choose from are too low to see,  for instance last night the stars from Cygnus and Lacerta were the ones in the west north west that were coming up for me to choose from. Is there a way for me to pick more visible stars that are higher up in the sky to align to ?
Thanks
--
Derrell Oliver

Meade Infinity ST80 with Lunt Solar dual speed crayford focuser.
Meade Polaris 90 with GSO dual speed crayford focuser.
Meade Polaris 130 with ScopeStuff 1.25 crayford focuser, flocked tube and center spotted mirror.
GSO 8x50 RACI finder scope.
ZWO ASI120mc-s, Canon XSi 450d.
EQ2 Mount with Orion EQ-2M RA Drive.
AZ3 Alt-Azimuth Mount.