Re: IEXOS-100 / camera at the counter wight bar?

Mirko Gude

Hi Bob and Julian,

thanks for your comments. Last weekend I could play around a little bit. The adapter seems not to fit, so I don’ buy it.

Piggyback works, but only with a small DSLR equiment (50mm objectiv) and two additional counter wights. A 200mm works also in, but the exposure is limited (45seconds was my best result). I will post a picture in the "Astrophotography done with the iEXOS-100 thread.

Maybe in the future I have to buy a more solid mount And I have some more options to test: DSLR thru the telescope (Skywatcher AP 80/600 EvoStar)

Thanks and best regards,
Mirko

Am 19.01.2020 um 18:32 schrieb Robert Hoskin <devonshire@...>:

Mirko,

I just deleted my last post.

Realized that your camera on the bar would have to be be aligned with the scope (tricky doing that, though...). Because of that, the DEC balance issue might be less problematic than I thought, but I can't quite get my head around how RA balance would be affected by that offset camera weight and its changing leverage as the mount moves...

Anyway... still think your simplest solution would be a piggyback, or just alternating imaging and visual nights or getting a tripod upgrade that up-rates your mount capacity.

FWIW (one more time...)

- Bob

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 EXOS2