sticky Re: Astrophotography Done with the iEXOS-100, EXOS 2, and G11 Post your Pictures and Details! Lets Show What These Mounts Can Do. #iEXOS-100 #G11 #EXOS2 #astrophotography

Dan Kahraman

Mrko what do you use to make your flats with? I have two modded Canon cameras but the thermal noise issue especially in the summer and the difficulty in making flats has led me to use CMOS based astrocameras. The plus side is that these chips are quite large.

Dan

On Thu, 23 Jan 2020 at 16:48, Mirko Gude <mgude@...> wrote:
Thanks, Dan.

I now noticed, that the attachment was automatically(?) limited in file size, so I cropped it a little bit, to show more from the galaxy.

Regards, Mirko

Am 23.01.2020 um 22:21 schrieb Dan Kahraman <dkahra213@...>:

Hi Mirko:

Your M31 has realistic colours. Very nice.

Dan Kahraman

On Thu, 23 Jan 2020 at 16:13, Mirko Gude <mgude@...> wrote:

Hi,
here is my experience with the IEXOS 100.

IEXOS 100 Mount, Nikon Z6 with a 70-200mm Tamron
20 lights (200mm, 45 sec, f2,8, ISO500), 7 darks, 20 flats and bias. Processed with Pixinsight using a tutorial (https://www.lightvortexastronomy.com/tutorial-example-m31-andromeda-galaxy---dslr.html#Section1)

Because of the weight (I used also a telescope at the same time) the exposure was a limited to 45 sec. With a smaller lense (50mm) I got 120 seconds in good quality. The Mount was not very well aligned, but I could see the Pole Star thru the hole.

Comments are welcome (but note, I’am not very familiar with image processing :-)

Regards, Mirko

<Andromeda_M31.jpg>