Re: Cradle Rings for ES ED80 APO

Harry

Hi Jeff, I had the same problem with my ED 80CF. What I did was to attach a longer dove tail plate to the bottom of the existing plate. At first I tried to reverse the existing plate, but that didn’t work out. So now I have a 7” plate under the existing plate. Not ideal but it does accommodate my Nikon D600 full frame. It is positioned carefully so the focusing knob assembly when rotated will still clear the plate. If you need to position the plate further back to balance, (as I have tried, but not required) then the focuser can’t be rotated fully. I remedied that by simple keeping the focuser on top of the tube, instead of below. Yes the knobs will be reversed, but I adapted. Still worked fine. Attached are 2 pics.  You may require an even longer plate. Harry

Harry
Vero Beach, FL
Mounts: ES iExos 100-PMC Eight, ExploreStars IPAD & Fire HD8, Explore FirstLight EXOS Nano
Nikon D600, D5500