From: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jed Orme via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, February 2, 2020 7:55 PM
To: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io
Subject: [ESPMC-Eight] iEXOS 100 Weight Distribution Question

Kent,

The new mount performed flawlessly last night at Joshua Tree NP (Peter couldn’t make it), but I still have to spend much more time with it in the daytime to better understand how the ExploreStars commands work to adjust the scope. I had some difficulties manually moving the right directions or amounts for different celestial objects being viewed in my 25mm eyepiece.

But with my William Optics Z61 scope & red dot finder, ZWO guiding scope/camera & a focuser motor, Fuji mirrorless camera, field flattener & T-ring adapter, the total payload is exactly 8.3lbs. The two balance weights, at another 4.4lbs, don’t quite balance this. At already 12.7lbs, I really don’t want to have to add another 2.2lbs with a third balance weight. Is there any kind of extension rod I can add to the existing one to achieve balance with less added weight? Or how far would I have to move the payload with a longer vixen dovetail bar to get it in balance? My current WO one is 110mm long (weighing just over 8oz), but they also make one that is 220mm. What would you recommend?

Jed

--
Kent Marts
Customer Service