Re: Recently Locked Thread on Beginner's Sub Forum #ExploreScientific #astrophotography

brian skinner

Hi Jerry, I must apologise for starting the lens vs telescope discussion and fully appreciate your concern about this. 
Obviously we (absolute) beginners are likely to, from time to time, seek hints from more experienced users of your iEXOS 100 system on topics that may not strictly be direct mount topics, fully understood.
All I can say is that I am extremely happy with my iEXOS 100 system and I (as I'm sure the majority of your customers also) very much appreciate the forums available to us.
Kind regards, Brian 

On Tue, 4 Feb 2020, 16:19 Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering, <jrh@...> wrote:
I recently locked a thread on the PMC-Eight iEXOS 100 Beginner's subgroup entitled "Lense vs telescope". The initial response I made (message 39 in the thread) talked about the discussion moving into DSLR photography and was off topic.

I misspoke, and I apologize for any confusion this caused.

The discussion had veered off into discussions of image processing DSLR images. The reason I locked it was because of that, not because it was about DSLRs. We welcome discussion about any topic related to PMC-Eight mount system performance in terms of imaging, tracking, guiding, ease of use, etc. That is the purpose of the forum and we especially like seeing the results of your imaging sessions using any camera you care to use. So I apologize again for any confusion. I should have said this is not an image processing forum, it is a mount system forum.

Please keep sharing your experiences with the PMC-Eight, and asking your questions, I think everyone appreciates coming hear and reading about what new successes, and yes, failures, are occurring with the system.

Thanks for your continued support!
Clear Skies
--
Jerry Hubbell
Vice President of Engineering

Explore Scientific, LLC.
jrh at explorescientific.com

www.explorescientificusa.com
1010 S. 48th Street
Springdale, AR 72762
1-866-252-3811

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data
             Remote Observatories for Amateur Astronomers: Using High-Powered Telescopes From Home

Mark Slade Remote Observatory (MSRO) IAU MPC W54 Equipment
Wilderness, VA
Mounts
: ES PMC-Eight G11 + Telescope Drive Master (TDM)
Scopes: ES 165 FPL-53 ED APO CF, ES 102 FCD100 ED APO CF
Cameras:  QHY174M-GPS + FW, QHY163C
Misc: 3-inch 0.7x Focal Reducer Field Flattener, Filters: Luminance,
Red, V-band Photometric, Diffuser, 200 lpmm Spectral Grating

Software: MaxIm DL 6, Cartes du Ciel, Astrometrica, AstroImageJ, AutoStakkert!

Join MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.