Re: Polar alignment through main scope #iEXOS-100 #alignment #sharpcap

Skull HQX

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 05:36 AM, Jeff Paules wrote:
I also aligned without the Azimuth adjuster in under 2mins, but I'm not sure this technique is best for the longevity of the equipment.
I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Can you elaborate?

Regarding the resulting picture. It looks good Jeff. The core isn't overexposed and there is nice detail. For constructive feedback I would say regarding color, on my calibrated screen, the nebula is a bit too purple and the skyglow/larger nebulae a tad too blue/cyan. The core should be teal colored. But only if you'd ask for such feedback! ;) It's a good result as it is already.

Clear skies!