Re: ASUS Nexus 7 #EXOS2 #ExploreStars

Skull HQX

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 03:24 PM, Wes Mcdonald wrote:
One of the important changes in Android (over Windows) is its ability to inhibit auto align.  I recommend everyone turn auto align off.  With this off, you have the opportunity to skip through proffered alignment stars without having the mount skewing around the sky as you skip to the next star searching for one that is visible.  Jerry mostly, if not completely, crushed a persistent issue with slewing from one star to another rapidly.  While the mount probably can handle it now, I just don’t do it.  Disable auto slew and be very happy.
Hi Wes, for clarity, I think you mean 'auto align' instead of 'auto slew'?

Btw, the iPadOS version is able to turn off auto align as well. I'm not sure about the current Windows version to be honest. I'll check and report back soon.