Re: ASUS Nexus 7 #EXOS2 #ExploreStars

Wes Mcdonald

Tim

The sync button is at the bottom left of the keypad in Android.  I think it shows up after you do a go-to.

The Use FW button tells the app to look to the firmware for the firmware type and set the mount type to the proper mount (iexos or exos2) automatically.

I don't have my equipment with me now so I can't comment on the capture target functions.  The alignment tour as I recall simply took you to the alignment stars and was not particularly useful to me.

In my view the  Android app is better and has everything and more that you need.  One feature you get with Android is the P/T button is actually a mode button.  This button allows you to put the mount into either track or point mode.  The difference is subtile but important if you were to try imaging with explorestars.  Track mode runs the RA axis at sidereal rate while leaving the Dec axis stationary.  It updates the mount rapidly and provides smooth tracking.  The Point mode adjusts both Ra and Dec 5 times a second which is great for visual observing where the polar alignment is not so good and you have done a 2 or 3 star alignment.  It tries to keep the desired Ra/Dec in the center of the eyepiece.  The jitter this mode imposes, while no problem for visual, will ruin a photograph.  Note in windows this "button" is only an indicator, and one transitions between modes by doing a goto (automatically mount goes to P),  and adjusting position via the keypad (mount switches to T).  I might have that reversed.  But you get the point I hope.

Glad you stuff is ticking away!

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG