Re: External Power #starparty #EXOS2 #TECHNICAL

@JohnDT

I see this thread dates back to November but wanted to make a suggestion / query:
Lithium batteries are affordable (compared to LiFePO4) and small enough to carry onto an aircraft (thinking - solar eclipse trip).
The problem is that they discharge reducing their output voltage. My TalentCell 6000mAh is down to 10.4V at 50% charge.
Here is a suggestion: Use a Buck Boost converter. These cost around £12 GBP on Amazon plus a small project box to put it in.
My question is whether the EXOS-100 PMC-Eight mount is compatible with these converters as they control the voltage by Pulse Wave Modulation.
Does anyone know??