Re: California Nebula with the G-11 PMC-Eight #astrophotography

Jennifer Shelly

Very nice Steve.  Well done.  Is the 0.7x reducer your using the 3” ES version?  If so, what is the spacing between the camera sensor and reducer.  Are you using a filter?  Did that affect your spacing?  I ask because I have read several posts on CN that state if filters are used then additional spacing is required which is 1/3 the thickness of the filter being used.
--
Sincerely,

Jennifer Shelly
AstroPorch, VA

Mounts
: ES PMC-8 G-11, ES PMC-8 EXOS-2
Scopes: ES ED127 FCD-100, ES Levy Comet Hunter, ES N208CF, QHY Mini Guide Scope, Solomark F60 Guide Scope
Cameras: QHY168C, ZWO ASI183MC-P, ZWO ASI183MM, Nikon D5600
Misc: MoonLite CFL 2.5 / High Res Stepper / V2 Mini Controller, Baader SteelTrack NT / SteelDrive II, Baader UFC, Optolong 2" L-Pro / L-eNhance
Imaging Software:  APT, BYN, SharpCap Pro, ASICap