Re: California Nebula with the G-11 PMC-Eight #astrophotography

Steve Siedentop

I’m also using a CLS filter that fits inside the housing.  Not a clip in, but it does fit inside the housing.

-Steve

On Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 2:44 PM Steve Siedentop via Groups.Io <sdsiedentop=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Jennifer -

I have the Moonlite 2.5” focuser with the Moonlite to ES adapter for the reducer.  I’m using the ES adapter with 45 mm of backfocus as I’m using a Canon DSLR.  It’s a camera from CentralDS that’s starts out life as a T3i and after modification ends up in a sealed aluminum housing with a cooler directly behind the sensor.

On Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 10:33 AM Jennifer Shelly via Groups.Io <drunkendogg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Very nice Steve.  Well done.  Is the 0.7x reducer your using the 3” ES version?  If so, what is the spacing between the camera sensor and reducer.  Are you using a filter?  Did that affect your spacing?  I ask because I have read several posts on CN that state if filters are used then additional spacing is required which is 1/3 the thickness of the filter being used.
--
Sincerely,

Jennifer Shelly
AstroPorch, VA

Mounts
: ES PMC-8 G-11, ES PMC-8 EXOS-2
Scopes: ES ED127 FCD-100, ES Levy Comet Hunter, ES N208CF, QHY Mini Guide Scope, Solomark F60 Guide Scope
Cameras: QHY168C, ZWO ASI183MC-P, ZWO ASI183MM, Nikon D5600
Misc: MoonLite CFL 2.5 / High Res Stepper / V2 Mini Controller, Baader SteelTrack NT / SteelDrive II, Baader UFC, Optolong 2" L-Pro / L-eNhance
Imaging Software:  APT, BYN, SharpCap Pro, ASICap

Mounts: ES PMC-8 G11 with Ruland Couplers and One Piece Worm Blocks, Skywatcher NEQ-6
Scopes: ES ED127CF FCD100, Orion 6” Mak, Stellarvue SV80EDT, Coronado Solarmax 40
Cameras:  CentralDS CDS-600, CentralDS Astro 60D, Orion Starshoot SSAG
Msc: Moonlite Focusers, Astrozap Dew Straps, Pegasus Ultimate PowerBox
Software: PixInsight, Cartes du Ciel, BackyardEOS, SkySafari