Re: California Nebula with the G-11 PMC-Eight #astrophotography

Steve Siedentop

I unfortunately don’t have an answer for you.  I actually don’t use flats, believe it or not.  There isn’t enough vignetting in my images for me to justify the extra time and work to generate flats.

-Steve

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 8:55 AM Jennifer Shelly via Groups.Io <drunkendogg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Steve,

Thank you. It appears your setup the measurement begins at the threads of the ES adapter to get you to 55mm.

Canon camera    44mm
T-ring                   11mm
Total back focus  55mm

If that is correct have you determined how flat your field is (percentage)?

Thanks,

Jennifer

--
Sincerely,

Jennifer Shelly
AstroPorch, VA

Mounts
: ES PMC-8 G-11, ES PMC-8 EXOS-2
Scopes: ES ED127 FCD-100, ES Levy Comet Hunter, ES N208CF, QHY Mini Guide Scope, Solomark F60 Guide Scope
Cameras: QHY128C, QHY168C, Nikon D5600
Misc: MoonLite CFL 2.5 / High Res Stepper / V2 Mini Controller, Baader SteelTrack NT / SteelDrive II, Baader UFC, Optolong 2" L-Pro / L-eNhance
Imaging Software:  APT, BYN, SharpCap Pro, ASICap

Mounts: ES PMC-8 G11 with Ruland Couplers and One Piece Worm Blocks, Skywatcher NEQ-6
Scopes: ES ED127CF FCD100, Orion 6” Mak, Stellarvue SV80EDT, Coronado Solarmax 40
Cameras:  CentralDS CDS-600, CentralDS Astro 60D, Orion Starshoot SSAG
Msc: Moonlite Focusers, Astrozap Dew Straps, Pegasus Ultimate PowerBox
Software: PixInsight, Cartes du Ciel, BackyardEOS, SkySafari