Re: Data base is on SD card but will not load onto the application #ExploreStars #Android

John Pirrone

This is a screen shot of what it looks like when I download it. Same on my pc and laptop exactly. The EXTRACT is in PINK, NOT the Compressed folder file. I have tried this so many times my head is spinning and nothing works.

John

On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 8:25 AM John Pirrone via Groups.Io <pepperonihead=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yes all permissions are turned on in  Settings/APPS/ExploreStars.
When you say the Root of the SD card. My windows 10 pc shows me two levels for the SD card. There is a top level and a bottom level.  I dragged the data base into the top level. Maybe I need to drag it into the bottom level. I am not sure which of these two is the ROOT level???

On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 6:59 AM Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering <jrh@...> wrote:
On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 10:40 PM, John Pirrone wrote:
I followed that instruction exactly to the letter and I am still getting that same error when I open explore stars that say it cannot find the database.
Did you do step three of the instructions on this page:
https://explorescientificusa.com/pages/android-os-download

Namely:

NOTE4: It is recommended that you use a Windows PC to perform step 1.

  1. Unzip the download and place the folder on the root of the MicroSD card.
  2. Install the MicroSD card into your Android device.
  3. Under Settings/APPS/ExploreStars grant Permissions for External Storage and Location. .
If you do not do step 3 to enable access to the SD card, then it will not find the database file.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data