Re: Getting the Tripod pointing toward true north #EXOS2 #polaralignment

Timothy Myers

Jerry,

I realized after posting my original questions that the mount was rotated manually on the RA axis while performing a PA on SharpCap. I still wondered why the mount  moved so slow but found that the speed could be adjusted up to 650 I still do not know what 650 number represents. Was wanting to inform Wes since he had asked about the speed. I am still curious as to what the up and down arrows to the left of the manual slew buttons is for, in CDC.
--
Tim Myers

Telescopes:     Celestron 4SE, Celestron 8SE, SkyWatcher 100ED Pro
Mounts:           4-5 SE, 6-8SE, EXOS-2GT with PMC-Eight
Cameras:        ASI1600MC, Cooled
Tablets:           Asus Nexus 7, Amazon Fire 7
Laptop:           Lenovo