Re: Getting the Tripod pointing toward true north #EXOS2 #polaralignment

Timothy Myers

I haven't reported in for awhile. I worked hard in understanding NINA and gave up. Seems every time I touch something the arrangement on my screen go awry. I spend more time resetting the screen layout than anything else. Probably not the programs fault, but for now I having more success with SC, and CDC. I did get the SC Pro License and have been able to achieve excellent alignments according to the tool anyway.

Polar alignment woes are a thing of the past, of course I haven't made the trip to our Dark Sky Site with the new rig yet, and there aren't any alignment marks on the ground as there are on my driveway, so that will add to it but I am not worried.
--
Tim Myers

Telescopes:     Celestron 4SE, Celestron 8SE, SkyWatcher 100ED Pro
Mounts:           4-5 SE, 6-8SE, EXOS-2GT with PMC-Eight
Cameras:        ASI1600MC, Cooled
Tablets:           Asus Nexus 7, Amazon Fire 7
Laptop:           Lenovo