locked Re: ES EXOS2 and ZWO ASI Air Pro

Omar Rahman

Hi Jeny,

The FDTI cable works fine once reprogramed. Just plug into Asiair and it recognizes the Exos 2 and works well. Other than it would stop tracking until I changed the PMC8 to firmware B.

SkySafari does not work with the Asiair/PMC8 combo. The Asiair has it's own database that I use to goto objects. You can also enter RA/Dec coordinates directly into the Asiair for those I can't find (and save them too). And yes, it plate solves to center and does it well and quickly. I often use another program (e.g., Stellarium) to get the exact framing I want with my camera sensor and note the coordinates of the center of that frame and then enter that into Asiair. That way, I have to adjust minimally.

I also use Stellarmate (usually for visual) and that has a way to connect SkySafari to the PMC8. That works well too. 

It took a while to get everything working right but I'm glad I took the time. Now I can set up, polar align, and start imaging within 20 minutes.

Hope this helps.

Omar
--

Scope:        
ES ED102
Mounts
:      ES EXOS2-PMC-8, SkyWatcher Star Adventurer
Cameras:   ASI1600MM Pro, Nikon D7500
Lens:
          Nikon 200-500mm, Tamron 70-200mm G2, Nikon 120mm manual lens
Misc:          ZWO ASI120Mini Guide Camera, ZWO 30mm mini guidescope, Stellarmate, Asiair
Software:  Kstars, SkySafari, ExploreStars (android), Pixinsight, DeepSkyStacker, Regim, Astrostakkert, LR/PS, RNC-color-stretch
Computer:  Macbook Pro, Surface Pro 4, iPhone, Fire 7

Join MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.