Re: Polar alignment

Bruce Bradley <landru@...>

The iPad will not pick up your location if it is Wi-Fi only. I just looked and my iPad only shows numbers a decimal point and the delete key. Unless there’s some special keyboard that you should add to the iPad I don’t know how it’s not showing the negative symbol.

I’ve been an amateur astronomer for close to 40 years I guess Celestron just makes things easier for you .

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 8:31 PM -0400, "Wes Mcdonald" <wesmcd6@...> wrote:

Well there is a lot to know in this hobby.  There ain’t no howie stick that can hit you and endow you with it all.

Your iPad will pickup your lat Lon automagically.

But for fun I just entered a negative longitude just fine on the iPad.  Hmmm.  Keyboard setting?

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG

Scopes - Celestron Comet Catcher, Celestron C8, AR 127 Air-Spaced Doublet
Mount - EXOS-2GT