Re: Polar alignment

Bruce Bradley <landru@...>

Thanks Harry, I use an app on mi iPhone also to put in the coordinates on my iPad. But as I said the screen to enter the coordinates on ExploreStars does not in crude a minus signal. I only included this info for the Explore Scientific folks. Screen shot included

On Apr 14, 2020, at 8:40 AM, Harry via groups.io <flykai1=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Bruce, I use both an iPad (with cellular), and a Fire HD8 (wifi only). I believe you are correct that a wifi only cannot determine or display GPS data that ExploreStars requires. However, when I am outside (no cellular) with my  HD8, I do this:

Determine my GPS position independently using a GPS app on my IPhone. These are : My GPS Coordinates, or the app GPS Coordinates. Just make sure the display is in decimals, and not degrees.
I then retype this data, (to about 5 or 6 decimal places) in to the Lat/Long fields in ExploreStars. I include the minus
sign for Long and it accepts the data. I do NOT push the “Load GPS Coordinates “ button. I then verify the other entries are correct and I’m on my way.

It seems to work fine for me.

Harry

--
Harry
Vero Beach, FL

--
Scopes - Celestron Comet Catcher, Celestron C8, AR 127 Air-Spaced Doublet
Mount - EXOS-2GT