locked Re: Camera shutter control w/ iExos-100 #iEXOS-100 #astrophotography

Cybermonk

Won't an intervalometer  do what you want?  I use one with my DSLR.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020, 21:20 RobertFCda <fisher@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 12:34 PM, RobertFCda wrote:
Thanks. Was hoping not to have to haul a computer every time I go out. Particilarly in colder weather, a laptop battery wouldn't last long.

The cameras all have built-in interval timers. You can only do a sequence with shutter speeds to 30 seconds. You can't automate a bulb sequence with those; either built-in, or accessory.

I'll check out those software applications.

 On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 12:34 PM, RobertFCda wrote:
Thanks. Was hoping not to have to haul a computer every time I go out. Particilarly in colder weather, a laptop battery wouldn't last long.

The cameras all have built-in interval timers. You can only do a sequence with shutter speeds to 30 seconds. You can't automate a bulb sequence with those; either built-in, or accessory.

I'll check out those software applications.

 Thanks. Haven't had to look at accessory interval timers for many years. I read about the Vello one linked earlier and didn't think it did, but may have misread. Will look into some of these for Nikon and see what's available.