Re: Choosing Alignment Stars

Taro

Hi Chris.

Yes I am operating that you said . But too many "Next" button needing my case.
My Backyard sky is only N-S 45Degrees, E-W same 45Degrees that is why.
If I can specify  stars myself , It's very much convenient
So I want this searching function.

Thank you for your advice!!
Clear skies!!

2020年5月4日(月) 18:51 <chrisjbourque@...>:

Matthew and Taro

I agree, having the option to directly input which stars you'd like to align with would make it easier in some cases!

As far as I know, the only way around this right now is to simply keep hitting "next" during your 2 or 3 star alignment, until an adequate star is selected. In the "Settings", ensure "Auto Align" is turned off. That way the mount will not automatically try and slew to the stars each time you hit "Next". Once you find a star that works, hit "Go To" and the mount will slew to the approximate location. Proceed with your alignment normally from there.

--
Living in  Pattaya Thailand
Scope: Celestron 6SE,WO Z61,WO RedCat51, SVBONY SV48