Re: Trouble setting up Exos 2 mount #EXOS2 #ExploreStars #ASCOM

Travis

Hi jerry,

I don’t have it inserted. I know that’s only to be used to change the channel if necessary..
It only sits on initialized for a short period of time before it eventually goes through the splach screen from the pmc logo and downwards. Sometimes it sits on memory test for a little while then starts at the beginning of the splash screen again.

Do you believe this would be cause by using a prolific serial adapter as opposed to the ftdi adapter as suggested? Or do you think this may indicate a different problem?

Thanks Jerry!

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 11:50 PM Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering <jrh@...> wrote:
On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 11:32 PM, Travis wrote:
It does keep cycling through the splach screen, memory test and back to initialized over and over.
HI Travis,

I must have missed that... I didn't realize it was rebooting continuously.  You don't happen to have the WiFi channel changer "dongle" plugged into the ST4 port do you?  This is the only thing that has been shown to keep the system in a reboot mode because it detects that the dongle is installed, increments the WiFi channel, and then reboots.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

Travis Hale-Vokey

--