Re: Trouble setting up Exos 2 mount #EXOS2 #ExploreStars #ASCOM

Travis

Hey Jerry, 

That is correct. Shortly after plugging in power, the green light (light 3) will flash once if the adapter is NOT connected. If the adapter is connected it does not flash at all. 

By your explanation as Wes and Richard suggested yesterday then it sounds like I should wait for the adapter to arrive and try to connnect. 

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 8:11 AM Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering <jrh@...> wrote:
On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 12:23 AM, Travis wrote:
Do you believe this would be cause by using a prolific serial adapter as opposed to the ftdi adapter as suggested? Or do you think this may indicate a different problem?
HI Travis,

I am sorry you are having issues with your controller.

It could be caused by the DB9 Serial to USB Prolific adapter, although this is the first time I have heard about anything like that. As I said, typically when someone reports that it is continuously rebooting is when the WiFi dongle is left inserted. Is it correct to assume that when you do not have the Prolific adapter plugged in that it works fine and only boots once where the green light comes on once and then goes out and the PMC-Eight waits for a connection? If that is the case, then you may have to wait until you get your other FTDI adapter. The only other option is to send it back to us to investigate further.

Thanks

--
Jerry Hubbell
Vice President of Engineering

Explore Scientific, LLC.
jrh at explorescientific.com

www.explorescientificusa.com
1010 S. 48th Street
Springdale, AR 72762
1-866-252-3811

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data
             Remote Observatories for Amateur Astronomers: Using High-Powered Telescopes From Home

Mark Slade Remote Observatory (MSRO) IAU MPC W54 Equipment
Wilderness, VA
Mounts
: ES PMC-Eight G11 + Telescope Drive Master (TDM)
Scopes: ES 165 FPL-53 ED APO CF, ES 102 FCD100 ED APO CF
Cameras:  QHY174M-GPS + FW, QHY163C
Misc: 3-inch 0.7x Focal Reducer Field Flattener, Filters: Luminance,
Red, V-band Photometric, Diffuser, 200 lpmm Spectral Grating

Software: MaxIm DL 6, Cartes du Ciel, Astrometrica, AstroImageJ, AutoStakkert!

--
Travis Hale-Vokey

--
Mount: EXOS2-GT
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro
Camera: Canon sl2 dslr

Join MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.